Thursday, January 6, 2022

December 2021

Happy New Year!  We are so thankful for both the blessings and the lessons from 2021, and we're excited for what the Lord has in store for us in 2022.


Here are a few pictures (out of order, as always) from December...

Fishing, as always! 


This is Christmas Eve...  we had dinner and played games with the Heinz family, which is a tradition we love!


Gratuitous sunset picture...  We've had GORGEOUS sunsets this winter!


SEE?!  This is at a local lake where Eli and Eric fish.  That's Eli down there fishing...


Eli and Eric dug out a fish pond on our side yard.   :)  


Yet another...  God is so beautiful!


This is from the youth group Christmas party.  We had a BLAST eating good food, exchanging funny gifts, and playing crazy games.  I love these kids!


For my birthday, Eric took Jacey and me to dinner at Texas de Brazil (my favorite!) and to the Meyerson to see the Christmas concert.  This is one of my very favorite nights of the year!







I love little dates with Eli.


I have to brag just a little- this is the ring Eli bought for me for my birthday!  I love it, and I LOVE his thoughtfulness!



On my actual birthday we went to dinner at Mariano's and had a lovely, relaxing evening.


This is Lulu- Eli's Christmas present!  :)  


The boys built this fort behind our house.  It's really pretty impressive!  It has a padded floor, shelves, a skylight, and a locking door.



On December 23 (Christmas Adam!), we had a fancy dinner of steak and scallops, just the 3 of us.


These are so backwards, but this is on Christmas morning AFTER presents and cinnamon rolls.  :)


Before presents- Christmas 2021!


This was sunrise on Christmas morning- the beauty of the newborn King on display!


On Christmas Eve we open one gift, and it's always pajamas, like it or not.  :)


Back to Christmas Adam dinner...


The cousins on Christmas at my parents' house, where we enjoyed a second breakfast, gifts, time together, and, later, a lovely dinner.


On Christmas night, the boys slept in their fort and had a blast.


Their little fort in the woods, glowing at night.  :)


On New Year's Eve, Eric and Eli finished the fish pond.  That evening, we were together with family and friends for games and great food, and it was a wonderful way to close out 2021.


I always love the "clean slate" of January.  I send you so much love!

 

0 comments: