Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Something Fun


Remember all those e-mail quizzes that used to get sent around when we were in high school? I was a big fan. Still am, actually, though I haven't gotten one in years... until this week! The e-mail had about a million questions, but here are a few (or 25) of my favorite. Copy and paste it to your blog with your own answers. Let the fun ensue!

1. What is your favorite TV show? I'm not a big TV-watcher, honestly. The one show we can't miss is "Amazing Race" on Sunday nights.

2. Diamonds or pearls? I love both! My wedding rings are diamonds, but Eric has given me pearls too. There is something so old-fashioned and classy about pearls, I think. My "happy birth of our first child" necklace from Eric has pearls in it.

3. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee, followed by another cup of coffee, followed by jitters all morning because all I ate was coffee.

4. What food do you dislike? I'm not really picky, and I love food. Individual foods are all yummy- it's when they're mixed together that I start disliking things. The one combo that makes me literally feel like throwing up is anything fruit-y with anything cream-y, i.e., strawberry ice cream. Just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know I'm wierd.

5. What is your favorite CD at the moment? A Christmas CD, of course! We just bought the Third Day "Christmas Offerings" CD, and it's really good.

6. Favorite sandwich? LOVE sandwiches, all kinds. My favorite would probably be a really good chicken salad on hearty wheat bread with mayo, sprouts, spinach, and really ripe tomatoes.

7. What characteristic do you despise? Rudeness. There is just no reason for it. No one likes someone being rude to them, so why be rude to someone else? Everyone responds well to kindness.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Greece. I got to go with a group a few years back, but I am dying to go back with Eric!

9. Where would you retire to? Texas. :) I love Texas. I can't imagine living elsewhere! I guess I'd pick Washington State if I had to choose, but it is so cold that I would "winter" in Texas, for sure.

10. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My last birthday- 27th. Eric woke me up in bed with a bunch of presents that he wasn't supposed to get me, because my present was symphony tickets. We spent the whole day doing fun things, then went to my favorite fancy restaraunt for dinner and then to the Christmas concert at the Meyerson. It was perfect!

11. Favorite sport to watch? FOOTBALL.

12. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning!

13. Pets? I married into two dogs and two cats, all of whom are strictly outside animals with whom I have zero interaction. I'm a great pet-owner. :)

14. What is your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

15. What is your favorite flower? Hydrangeas, and white lilies.

16. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? December 19- my birthday celebration with Eric, complete with the symphony Christmas concert!

17. What was the last thing you ate? Turkey noodle soup with pumpkin and cranberry bread.

18. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cerulean blue.

19. Favorite restaurant? Cheesecake Factory.

20. What was your favorite toy as a child? A baby-doll named Susie.

21. Hugs or kisses? Both! I especially like it when I kiss Eli and he opens his mouth and slobbers all over me in his attempt at a kiss. It's precious!

22. When was the last time you cried? Listening to "Merry Christmas" on the Third Day album the other day- it's the most heart-melting song ever.

23. What are you afraid of? The death of someone I love- having to live through that painful experience.

24. How many towns/cities have you lived in? 5- West Grove, PA, Dallas, TX, Mesquite, TX, Bryan/College Station, TX, and Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

25. Do you make friends easily? Not that easily- I'm a little shy, and it takes me a while to fully trust someone. But once I'm your friend, I promise I'll be loyal to you forever.

Play along, won't you?

0 comments: