Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Here are 10 of the many things for which I am thankful. Forgive me for posting about thankfulness in honor of Thanksgiving- is it a bit too cliche? :) But I definitely need plenty of reminders to stop getting bogged down by difficult things in life and to enjoy the blessings God has given, for they are many. So here it is...

My Thanksgiving Top 10 List

1. My God. The God who loved us so much that He sacrificed His only Son to provide me with a way to Him. The God who runs to meet me, even when I've been off "squandering my inheritance." The God who never gives up on me, even when I feel like giving up myself. The God who guards me with His peace. The God who calls me His, who I can call mine. If I was never given one more blessing in my entire life, a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ would always be blessing enough. More than enough.

2. My husband. You can't beat him. I'm sorry- you just can't! :) He loves me like Christ loves the church, cherishes me, cares for me, encourages me, prays for me, senses my needs and meets them before I even say a thing, loves our son with incredible tenderness and joy, makes me laugh until I cry. He is my favorite person in the world, my very best friend, the man with more integrity and godly character than any man I've ever known.

3. My son. Even though it is a slightly annoying trait, I love that Eli has separation anxiety! I love it because it means that he loves me best! :) How selfish is that? Seriously, though, I love that I get to be the one to rock him when he wakes up in the night, the first one to see his smile in the morning, the lips that kiss him a thousand times a day, the arms that carry him around the house as we go about our daily routine, the smile that makes him giggle, the fingers that tickle him to make him laugh. He is our miracle, our precious, sweet, content little Eli.

4. My sisters, who are my best friends.

5. My parents, who love each other more today than the day they married almost 30 years ago, who are models of faith and godliness and laughter and fun.

6. Dear friends, both near and far, who encourage me and challenge me, who make me want to be more like Christ.

7. A wonderful church home that feels like a family, teaches the Word, and provides so many opportunities to serve.

8. A warm, cozy little house.

9. A job that allows me to work only one day a week so that I can be home with Eli all the rest of the time. And it's fun and interesting to boot!

10. My Grandmom, who, along with my Granddad, is on her knees for me and my family every single morning of every single day, who is my role model in so many ways.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

0 comments: