Monday, August 11, 2008


We had a great weekend. On Friday night my parents kept Eli all night. It was the first night since he's been home that he's been away from his crib! I was so excited to get a full night's sleep, but when it came down to leaving him, I was a little sad! Needless to say, however, I quickly got over that and enjoyed every minute of my 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep!

Eric and I went to one of our favorite restaraunts, Istanbul, this authentic Turkish restaraunt over on Lovers Lane. We hadn't been since before the baby was born, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We stopped by the Cheesecake Factory on the way home to pick up dessert to-go, and then we watched the Olympics until we couldn't keep our eyes open any more. And then we had a blissful night of sleep without waking to the sound of a baby crying! It was amazing, and I am so, so thankful for my parents taking such good care of Eli. We wouldn't leave him overnight with anyone else!

I had a dream that when my mom brought him back she had taught Eli how to sit up on his own. Far-fetched, I know, but what he did learn with MomMom is even better... how to sleep until 7am! :) I don't know what happened or how, but one night with MomMom and PopPop is all it took to get Eli to sleep until 7am. He's done it for the past three mornings, and it is such a blessing! Those 5:30am mornings were about to kill me. So now he goes to bed around 7:30pm, wakes up at midnight to eat and again at 4am to eat, and then sleeps until 7am. I am thrilled with my baby's new schedule. I can handle this. Please, please let him keep this up!

On Saturday I had breakfast with my good friend Sarah Bagby and saw her adorable new house, and then Eric and Eli and I just hung out here at the house and watched the Olympics, which, in my opinion, is about the best way to spend a Saturday! And a Sunday- we watched the Olympics all day yesterday after church. And did you SEE the men's 4x100 swimming relay team last night? I almost died. Amazing.

Eli is "talking" so much now. This morning he perfected two sounds that I've never heard him make before. One sounds almost like "quack," and the other is the closest thing he's gotten to "coo." It's adorable. He's had vowel sounds for a while, and now he's adding the consanants. I love it. He just lays on his play mat and "talks" to the little animals that hang down over him. And smiles away. He melts my heart when he smiles at and talks to me. It's the best part of my whole day.

I took Eli to visit Holly Baker today, and now we're home and he's sleeping. I need to get going on some laundry, and I'm looking forward to Eric coming home soon.

(P.S. I'm now addicted to coffee again. I have been an addict since college, but then during the first months of my pregnancy it made me queasy, and then in the second part I wasn't allowed to have it, and so I thought my addiction was cured. Not so. I've officially relapsed.)