Thursday, September 11, 2008

1930s Housewife Test

This is hilarious, found at The White House. Some of the questions on here are just plain ridiculous. Here are a few of my favorites...

Eats onions, radishes, or garlic before a date or going to bed?
Who can resist a big ol' radish right before bed? Nothing puts me to sleep faster.

Fails to sew on buttons or darn socks regularly?
Sadly, I can't even sew a button. Thankfully Eric loves me for more than my sewing abilities.

Gives husband shampoo or manicure?
What the heck? I think Eric would run away if I told him it was time for me to give him his manicure.

Keeps self dainty, perfumed, and feminine?
There are many days where "keeps self clothed" is about all I can manage.

Puts stockings to soak in wash basin?
Stockings? Wash basin?

Shoulder straps hang over arms or slip is uneven and shows?
Truly, a bra strap hanging off the shoulder calls into question the quality of a wife. Right on.

Slows up card game with chatter and gossip?
Guilty. Man, I can't seem to keep my mouth shut during my nightly poker tournaments.

Smokes in bed or has cigarette stained fingers?
Any old wives' remedies for getting off these stubborn cigarette stains?

Alright, now you try. Don't forget to link back to The White House.

72

As a 1930s wife, I am
Superior

Take the test!

1 comments:

Tyne said...

Awesome Erica! Superior... way to go. One of my friends just emailed me and she got a 10! Caleb took the husband test and got 105- very superior. Funny stuff.