Sunday, September 21, 2008

[Insert attention-grabbing title here]


Life has been pretty "normal" around here lately, which I like. I am such a routine person (or 'anal person,' as some may say). :) Here are a few things that have been going on around here this week..

-I officially went back to work on Thursday! Yipes! I am SO THANKFUL for a job that is allowing me to go in to the office only one day a week. I have a few hours of work that I'll need to do from home each week, and then I am just supposed to be "available" for tech support as needed. I really enjoy what I do, and it is such a blessing to be able to be at home with Eli for 6 out of 7 days each week. And when I'm at work Eli is with Heather, who takes such good care of him. It was sad to leave him, and I thought about him all day long, but he did great, and this is how it needs to be until we win the lottery and have the financial luxury of me not having to work at all.

-I am becoming more adept at caring for multiple children. For several weeks now I've been keeping Heather's kids (Jacey, 2 yrs., and Cooper, 3 months) on Friday mornings. It's certainly a challenge, but I'm learning. And though there is a lot of crying (90% babies, 6% toddler, 4% Erica), I think everyone gets what they need (excepting a shower for me). I have newfound appreciation for mothers of multiple young children. And I'm thankful for this time that I have to bond with my niece and nephew!

-My grandparents are visiting from Pennsylvania. They're such wonderful people- my role models when it comes to prayer and a lifetime of faithfulness to the Lord. We've all been enjoying lots of family time, and my grandparents are loving their three new great-grandchildren.

And that's about all from our neck of the woods! The picture was taken at church today. Yes, I know we're all wearing blue and white- I'm corny like that.

0 comments: